HELP encourages students to further their studies and obtain training in over 50 careers. Each year, HELP selects students for $1000, $500 and $250 scholarships to local universities and training centers so that students may obtain the training needed to be employable in a variety of fields. Scholarships may be used at Del Mar College, The Craft Training Center, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Coastal Bend College, Corpus Christi Police Academy, and any other accredited institution, training school or program.
- Participation in HELP’s Career Club and OnSite Mentoring Program
- Submit a 250 word essay on why the student wants to further his education in the desired career
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Graduating High School or Obtaining GED
- 1 recommendation from employer in the student’s desired field OR have completed an internship in the field.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.